WPPI 2014: The Venetian

When you're like me (rather introverted and very accustomed to hiding behind a camera), being photographed can be a very difficult task. My tendency is to let my shy side take the reign, resulting in me almost always looking away from the camera.

Over the past year in particular, I have begun to realize that learning to love and accept yourself truly does contribute to the way you react. And this doesn't just go for portraits; it can be said for many things in life. The more confident you are (without getting to the point of being self-absorbed) and the less you compare yourself to others, the more positive and fulfilling your life will become.

In my last post, I shared a few snaps that I had taken of some friends during my trip to WPPI 2014. Now, I'm turning it around and featuring the beautiful work of said friends. A huge thanks goes to Josh, Katie, and Jen for these lovely images - and for somehow capturing the non-awkward side of me. (Pure talent, right here!)



Above photographs by Josh Gooden.



Above photographs by Katie Nesbitt.



Above photographs by Jen Jar.

Floral Shirtdress: H&M / Lace Skirt: H&M / Belt: Forever 21 / Flats: Tieks by Gavrieli

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts