Molly Jacques: Nashville Workshop
I've always loved illustration, so it was only a matter of time before I stumbled across calligraphy and hand lettering. Last year, a friend of mine (Kelly) launched a fun project on Tumblr and I excitedly followed along throughout the year. I soon found myself spending hours pouring over the work of talented calligraphy and hand lettering artists. After months of social media stalking research, I decided to take the plunge and test it out for myself.
Until February of this year, I was completely self-taught. Since I had no formal training with the craft, I decided to look into classes to better myself (to see if I was even doing things "correctly" and to learn more about the technical aspects of it all: inks, tools, papers, etc). I noticed that one of my favorites, Molly Jacques, hosted workshops. When she announced her Nashville one, I jumped at the opportunity of attending a workshop in such a fun city.
I spent most of my time learning and practicing, but managed to take a few shots from the experience (see below). You can view the official blog post here.





I even managed to grab a couple portraits of Molly and Cody (two sweet artists in love). Cody is an insanely talented painter and you should definitely check out his work here!


In other [food] news: If you ever do find yourself in Nashville, I highly recommend heading on over to Barista Parlor for something delicious (I have my friend Shannon to thank for telling me about this place). The atmosphere was fun, laid-back, and overall felt very "Nashville" to me. I was also rather excited about their table markers, as they slightly reminded me of Fallout.



Until February of this year, I was completely self-taught. Since I had no formal training with the craft, I decided to look into classes to better myself (to see if I was even doing things "correctly" and to learn more about the technical aspects of it all: inks, tools, papers, etc). I noticed that one of my favorites, Molly Jacques, hosted workshops. When she announced her Nashville one, I jumped at the opportunity of attending a workshop in such a fun city.
I spent most of my time learning and practicing, but managed to take a few shots from the experience (see below). You can view the official blog post here.





I even managed to grab a couple portraits of Molly and Cody (two sweet artists in love). Cody is an insanely talented painter and you should definitely check out his work here!


In other [food] news: If you ever do find yourself in Nashville, I highly recommend heading on over to Barista Parlor for something delicious (I have my friend Shannon to thank for telling me about this place). The atmosphere was fun, laid-back, and overall felt very "Nashville" to me. I was also rather excited about their table markers, as they slightly reminded me of Fallout.





Comments
Post a Comment