Resolutions versus Goals
When it comes to my personal life, I've never been a fan of New Years resolutions. It's not that I'm bitter towards them due to lack of motivation; I simply do not understand the concept of waiting until the start of a new year to make a commitment to better yourself. Every year, I see people posting that their resolution is to go to the gym, stick to a diet, make more time for themselves... and so on. Well, my personal belief is this: If you want to attempt a change, why wait until January 1st?
I believe that, with determination, good change can occur at any moment in time and does not need be in correlation with any particular date. As a human, I recognize that I'm prone to error and acknowledge that error is inevitable. Instead of committing to a resolution (synonym: promise) that I might not be able to keep, I set goals.
My top goal for this year is to always keep these wise words in mind:
Brause 66EF Nib / Oblique Holder / Winsor & Newton Designers' Gouache (Mix)
This year, I'm [finally] creating a Bucket List (which I'll also add to, over time). If I'm able to mark a minimum of 10 items off of it every year, I'll be pretty content. I've got some crazy and/or fun things to list, including "Climb a section of Mount Everest" and "Journey to Antarctica." Stay tuned for a link to the full bucket list. You may then feel free to gasp or comment on any crazy ideas that I hold dear to me.
Happy Friday!
I believe that, with determination, good change can occur at any moment in time and does not need be in correlation with any particular date. As a human, I recognize that I'm prone to error and acknowledge that error is inevitable. Instead of committing to a resolution (synonym: promise) that I might not be able to keep, I set goals.
My top goal for this year is to always keep these wise words in mind:
Brause 66EF Nib / Oblique Holder / Winsor & Newton Designers' Gouache (Mix)
This year, I'm [finally] creating a Bucket List (which I'll also add to, over time). If I'm able to mark a minimum of 10 items off of it every year, I'll be pretty content. I've got some crazy and/or fun things to list, including "Climb a section of Mount Everest" and "Journey to Antarctica." Stay tuned for a link to the full bucket list. You may then feel free to gasp or comment on any crazy ideas that I hold dear to me.
Happy Friday!



It is funny because one of the ladies I work with was just commenting about how lame she thought New Year's resolutions were. Here reasoning was the same with what you just said. I suppose New Year's can just be that little extra push that some people need. Also, I love that quote, I think about it often too.
ReplyDeleteHope everything is going well!
Kaylee
xx
Great quote! keep up the posts lady!!.... and Chad...
ReplyDelete