Learning to Letter: #writeandnerdy

That's write.

If you're new to this blog (which you should be, since it just launched yesterday) or don't know me very well, I'm a lover of video games and nerdy awesome shows: Doctor Who, Sherlock, Star Trek, Battlestar Galactica... the list goes on.

With that said, I'll be embracing my inner nerd by hashtagging #writeandnerdy for upcoming nerd-reference practice quotes. Which will probably be the majority of them. If you follow me on Instagram, you'll be able to find them there - as I'll be posting them periodically over this next year and so forth.


I'm still new to handlettering and calligraphy, but it has rapidly become an interest of mine. I've always dabbled in the traditional arts (mainly watercolor, pencil/ink, and acrylics), but never completely accepted my love for it until sometime in late high school. Nowadays, I'm admittedly glued to my Wacom pen at all times.

If you have a nerdy quote that you'd like for me to practice with, feel free to leave a comment below. As I'm still a n00b when it comes to all of this, I cannot guarantee perfection... but I'll surely attempt my best! At current, I have plans to letter quotes from Star Wars, Star Trek, Portal 2, Harry Potter, and Doctor Who.

And, now, I'll leave you with the inspiration for my hashtag.

Comments

  1. Love it! This is the quote we want to put above the crib in the nursery.

    “For in dreams we enter a world that is entirely our own. Let them swim in the deepest ocean or glide over the highest cloud.” Albus Dumbledore

    Sheena

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes - love it!

      Albus Dumbledore quotes are some of the best ones out there. :)

      Delete
  2. i can already tell your blog is going to be a sweet little space! i have been really wanting to try a hand-lettering/calligraphy class for a while now. maybe 2014 is my year? keep us posted on your progress!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love weird Al!
    xo Jessica
    www.NewlyLoved.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts